Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mind Body & Soul

Today,  I found an excellent recipe! Well not me really, its my husband's recipe. A typical bachelor's recipe though...But how nutritious and yummy it was! Wonder why I tittled it Mind , Body and Soul? I certainly believe, cooking is the most important part of preserving our health and nourishing ones soul.. And thats where is the real trick to a healthy cooking. And so I call is as MBS recipe (mind body & soul recipe) ;-)
Guys, I must say.....The sense of satisfaction on having this simple yet nutritious dish was immense... Hence decided to share. :-)

Recipe :
Prep time : 10 - 12 mins

Palak + Red lentils + chopped onions + chopped tomatoes + salt + haldi - Pressure cook it.

In th emean while, prepare the Tadka (i.e 2 t spns oil + mustard seeds + cumin seeds + curry leaves + green chillies + little bit of dhaniya pwd )

Once pressure cooked, add the tadka and allow to cook in simmer for 5 mins)

Note : Add loads of green chillies as it is the only source of spice.
          Add loads of palak (spinach leaves)

Time for some Gyan:
Nutritive Gyan :
Iron - HIGH
Protein - MEDIUM
Carb -MINIMUM
Fat - v. LOW

[ tastes great with chappatis or rice)




No comments:

Post a Comment